iCall Gets A Major Facelift
December 11, 2009 by iCall Team Member
So what'd we do about it? We hired one of the creators of one of the most popular chat protocols of all time - XMPP (the protocol that powers Google Talk). We picked the best video codecs for HD video chat. We added wideband audio codecs so talking to your friends sounds even better than possible on the phone network. We re-did iCall from the ground up making it the best communication application available.
All of this, and we made it for Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. Coupled with our existing iPhone version, we're pretty excited about the wide array of platforms that iCall will be able to run on.
A breakdown of the new features include:
- Full functionality on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X platforms
- HD video codecs that allow you to video chat in stunning full resolution
- Wide-band audio codecs for better-than-phone audio chat
- Chat integration with AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and Google Talk.
- Free calling to the US and Canada
We expect to have the new version available for public distribution in
very early 2010 late 2011. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date.
iCall is adding some amazing new features - including video chat, wide-band audio, and chat integration with all major networks. Not to mention the free calling. Coming soon on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.